closing the opportunity gap
- I will work to begin tackling the opportunity gap at the earliest stages of learning.
- I will work to set directives and create measurable goals for annual improvement at each grade and make those goals available to the public by tracking and publishing year - over - year student outcomes across cohorts and demographics.
- I will work to create policy that promotes different approaches to teaching and learning to balance out the traditional classroom model (hands-on, multi-age etc.)
- I will lead the way by helping to create strong curriculum that enhances content knowledge and builds skills.
- I will work to create policy that ensures our staff has a wide range of professional development - anti-bias training, classroom management, teaching to different learners and innovative teaching practices driven by the interests and wants of our teaching staff.
- I will work to create policy around ensuring whole-child supports and ensure we have the right resources to support a diverse set of student needs.
- I will work to expand and create new district services to better serve out students with special needs with the goal of keeping a greater percentage of special education students in the district.
- I will work to create a process and method behind the early detection, engagement, review, and implementation of special education plans/programs.
- I will work to make certain that the community is getting monthly progress reports on the bond implementation through partnerships with local news outlets.
- I will work to create an oversight process to ensure bonding and long term facilities plan are effectively implemented and there is a constant drum-beat of communication to parents and community stakeholders
- I will work to monitor costs to try to minimize cost overruns.
- I will work to create a policy to establish a district wide talent strategy to recruit, grow and retain excellent staff that represents and supports our student body - track and monitor on an ongoing basis.
- I will work to recruit and retain minority educators.
- I will work to ensure that our one employee, the Superintendent. is properly supported with the right guidance and the right latitude to run the district efficiently and with excellence.
- I will work to continue to empower staff in creating structures that enhance teaching and learning.
- I will work to upgrade all professional development to include anti-bias training, classroom management, teaching to different learners, and innovative teaching practices.
- I will work to make certain the Board of Education stays true to its stated goals and principles, while answering the needs of the community in a transparent, clear, and timely manner.
- I will work reverse the recent BOE decisions that limit public speaks at BOE meeting and BOE communication with the public. We need MORE COMMUNICATION and TRANSPARENCY not less.
- I will work to allow ALL stakeholders to have a voice in the development of the elementary school integration plans & provide transparency in the process.
Governance and Finance
- I will work to create accountability and metrics to ensure our district is well run and our infrastructure strengthened including achieving strong scores on QSAC.
- I will work to ensure accountability for curriculum enhancements and updates.
- I will work to ensure the district is following zero-based budgeting practices, aligning dollars to need - maintaining a fiscally responsible tax levy that meets the growing demands of the district.
- I will work to craft district goals that are attainable and measurable with the help of our Superintendent.